We wish to welcome all aviators to the airport!
- Runway: 1704/44 meter (5584/144 ft) asphalt runway (runway 11/29)
- Airfield elevation AMSL: 100m
- Radio frequency: 123.000
- Navigation aids: ILS CAT 1, RNAV (GNSS) A, NDB
- Airport AIS: Ais.fi / EFMI
- Bulletins: Ais.fi / Bulletins
- Fuel availability: Inquire availability for Jet A-1 truck
- Icy conditions: anti-ice and de-ice available
- Apron parking: 6 aircrafts
- Hangar: inquire space from the airfield
- Airfield from air: Visit us in Google Maps
For more information about services, ask [email protected] or call us +358 15 151 674
Planning for the Mikkeli airfield started in mid-1920s. By the mid 1930s the airfield was completed and the first large aircraft landed to Mikkeli in 1936.
During WW2, Mikkeli airfield served as a military airfield to host Gloster Gladiators of the Finnish Flight Squadron 12 and later Bristol Blenheims of the Bombing Squadron 44.
1989 started a development project, where the airfield was developed to a modern airport. Runway was also lengthened.
1998 new TWR/AFIS tower was built and systems upgraded.
2005 airport conversion to fulfill modern safety requirements, including ILS.
2012 runway upgrade and new asphalt.